Non-profit of the month: June 2007 - Freedom Center Iraq Project and Fisher G.I. Research Fund (Stanford Cancer Center)

One of my friends has left this life and has entered into the joy of the Lord.

In lieu of flowers, her family has requested donations be made to two causes she supported and I will be honoring that request and making contributions to these two organization as described in an email sent by the family:

Global Hope – Freedom Center Iraq Project.
(1) Brief description: The Freedom Center is a community center being built in Northern Iraq in a Kurdish city. After many years of war and oppression, the Kurds have opened their borders and its leaders have extended a Macedonia call for us to come and work among them. The door is open to share God’s love!
(2) Tax-deductible donation checks can be written to "Global Hope. Please write "Freedom Center" in the memo line of the checks.

Dr. George Fisher G.I. Research Fund (Stanford Cancer Center)
(1) Brief description: Dr. Fisher was my friend's oncologist at Stanford Hospital. She really appreciated being under the care of Dr. Fisher and Margareet Fledderus, her oncology nurse.
(2) Tax-deductible donation checks can be written to "Stanford University." Please write "George Fisher GI Research Fund" in the memo line of the checks.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...