Devotional Thoughts: My heart will choose to say

One of the songs we sing at church a lot that I like a lot is Blessed be Your name.

I like how the lyrics alternate between the happy and difficult circumstances of life yet through out upholding our desire to consider God worthy of blessing and praise.

Here are some of the lyrics to give a taste of the song:
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
.........
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
Heavenly Father, whether I'm in the highest places filled with joy or in the dry desert you are there. Jesus left the 99 to look for the 1 lost sheep. You have come to look for me. So I ask the Spirit to fill me today to mold me and use me an imperfect vessel to advance your love and truth in this world and help point the way for other lost sheep. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...