Sports: Dodgers sing, send in the 40somethings

I stuck a fork in 'em a week and a half ago. Since then they have gone 6-4 which is an improvement that keeps the team treading water. They need to make a statement against the Mets and sweep as they are 5.5 down in the NL West and 2.5 down in the Wild Card.

The Dodgers have signed 44 year old David Wells to bolster their injury depleted starting rotation thus joining 42 year old Roberto Hernandez who was picked up off free-agency to help the overused bullpen.

I saw David Wells pitch when I recently visited San Diego. He can't break tissue paper with his fastball! Okay, slight exaggeration. He threw a lot of 67 mph curveballs and that night it was breaking well and the Mets were missing it and so he won going 6 innings.

Have nothing against 40+ year old people, I'm a 40-something! But it does say something about the situation the Dodgers are in that two of their playoff run acquisitions are on the plus side of 40.

Go Geezers ... err Dodgers!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...