Devotional Thoughts: Who may dwell in your sanctuary

Been reading in Job for some of my times of reflection. But sometimes, I feel it is "too heavy" and I'll do something else like think about a song with meaningful lyrics, try to write poetry, jot random thoughts that come to mind or read a thoughtful book.

In my mind, the idea is to "reboot" my mindset back onto God and there are many ways to try to do this.

Another way I do this is to read in the Book of Psalms. I'll either read one Psalm or one page in my pocket Bible that has the New Testament plus Psalms plus Proverbs. So today, I read from Psalm 15.

LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?
He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart
and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,
who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,
who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.

Talk about rebooting my mindset!

Lord, forgive me for how often I DON'T live up to what is in this Psalm. Please give me the courage to follow you in a world that ignores you and your ways even if keeping my promise to you and others hurts me. Thank you that you welcome home those who fall short but admit it and call to you for help. I want to be righteous and blameless and enjoy your presence on that holy hill in that sanctuary. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...