Devotional Thoughs: Happy Thanksgiving

Psalm 100 in the old style of King James.

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Thank you Lord, for my voice, though I only sing at church and in my car, I will make a joyful noise to you.
Thank you Lord, for the strength of my body by which for this season I can participate with our youth group.
Thank you Lord, for the church I attend and the church universal, for you are the Great Shepherd who has gathered us to yourself.
Thank you Lord, for the Cross and the Resurrection that opens the gates for us to enter into your presence with confidence.
Thank you Lord, for your Spirit that abides with us and reminds and assures us that we may persevere until we no longer look through a glass darkly.
Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...