Politics: Romney bows out

Romney suspends his campaign.

As a businessman used to weighing the cost-benefit of a decision, he knew his time was up. Alas, in politics, one needs a certain amount of ego to make a go of it and sometimes because of that it can be hard to throw in the towel.

However, between Romney's good sense and probably the good sense of his family and advisers, they decided that exiting sooner rather than later was better.

Huckabee is now in the same position of having to examine the cost-benefit of going onward.

As a center-right blogger, I've been sympathetic to the Romney campaign and the concerns some have about McCain.

Nonetheless, I voted for McCain in the Cal primary in 2000 so I will be supportive of his campaign in 2008 going forward.

UPDATE: Text of Romney CPAC speech.

Link to video of concluding remarks at CPAC.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...