Democrats split on Roberts

From what I've heard and read:

Voting for Roberts:
Leahy
Kohl
Feingold
Bingaman
Johnson
Prior
Baucus
Byrd
Nelson
Landrieu
Conrad

Voting against Roberts:
Kennedy
Shummer
Durbin
Biden
Feinstein
Kerry
Boxer
Clinton
Corzine
Lautenberg
Reid


Al Rantel was on the radio talking with Ann Coulter and they speculated that any Democrat planning to run in 2008 will vote NO.

I'm guessing the ones who will vote yes will likely be from a "Red" state?

FYI: Judge Ginsberg was confirmed with a 96-3 vote and Judge Breyer was confirmed with a 87-9 vote.

As of now, I'm figuring Roberts will get 70ish votes for confirmation because the Democrats seem to be splitting right in half over Roberts. I also figure the next nominee will be a someone acceptable to the conservatives and also a ethnic minority or woman which will put the Democrats in a bind.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...