Learning to be a Liverpool FC fan, part I

Will be updating this periodically as I learn more about my newly adopted team.

1. The Liverpool anthem is the song, "You'll Never Walk Alone," from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel.



2. The home colors are red and road colors are yellow.

3. Though one of the more successful UK football clubs since its founding in 1892, it has never won an English Premier League (EPL) title since EPL's formation in 1992.

4. The geographic rivals of Liverpool is Everton, also in Liverpool, that plays in Goodison Park a mere one mile away. The other geographic rival is Manchester United, 35 miles to the east.

5. The home pitch is Anfield. Interestingly, Everton used Anfield from 1884 to 1891. However, there was a dispute between the team and the stadium owners. Everton moved to Goodison Park and Anfield's owners started Liverpool FC.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...