Lectionary Blogging

My faith journey has largely been in what has been called "low church." As you can see in the Wiki entry, there is quite a bit to what that means in a historical sense and within the context of Anglican practice of faith.

For me, the idea of "low church" is simply, less formal in the organization of the Sunday worship.

One feature of "high church" is the usage of the Lectionary to guide the use of Scripture in Sunday worship.

And so, will see how long I can keep up Lectionary blogging for 2015. My aim would be to take the Gospel reading for a given Sunday and write some reflections on that passage.

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...