Learning to be a Liverpool FC fan, part II
For a list of their trophies go to http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/honours
Of UK honors:
7. Liverpool has won 18 League Championships of the top tier since the system started in 1888. The last title was in the 1989-90 season. Currently, the top tier league is the Premier League started in 1992. They have yet to win a championship in the Premier League.
For more about the Premier League go to http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/about/history.html
8. They have won 7 FA Cups which has been contested since 1871. The FA Cup competition involves 10 levels of football leagues (736 clubs qualified to participate in the FA CUP in the 2014-15 season). Liverpool last won the FA Cup for the 2005-06 season.
For more about the FA Cup go to http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFACup/History/historyofthefacup
9. The League Cup competition began with the 1960-61 season and Liverpool has won 8 times with the last being the 2011-12 season. The 2014-15 competition draws from the top 4 leagues for a total of 92 teams.
For more about the League Cup go to http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/history/
Of European honors:
10. Liverpool has won 5 European Cups. This competition has been occurring since 1955 and is now known as the UEFA Champions League since 1992. Liverpool last won in the 2004-05 season. The victory in the finals of that year has been called the "Miracle of Istanbul" when Liverpool recovered from a 3-0 deficit to AC Milan and won in penalty kicks.
For more about the Champions League go to http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/history/background/index.html
11. Since 1971, UEFA has held a secondary competition called the UEFA Cup, now called UEFA Europa League (since 2009). Liverpool has won 3 times last in the 2000-01 season.
For more about the Europa League go to http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/history/index.html