Annika's Adventure


She gave it a good try and finished +5 for two rounds missing the cut line by four strokes.

In an earlier post (May 21 -- the perma-links aren't reliable) I thought her goal would be to make the cut or hit around +6. And indeed, I was closer to the mark than the Las Vegas odds makers.

From sports talk radio, I had heard her golf game is accurate hitting and that her weakness was putting. They said this course is longer than the usual LPGA course but not excessively long. So I figured her accuracy would keep her close to par. But as they say, "Drive for show, putt for dough" and so putting might be where she would lose some strokes and indeed that was the case.

By all accounts, she was a crowd favorite and I'm sure she won some grudging respect from the men at the competition.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...