Design and Briggs-Myer


Did my nearly daily visit to Virginia Postrel's site and enjoyed her link to a quiz designed by a student who wants to study aesthetics and personality types.

Isn't personal taste an amazing thing? Everyone has their own sense of style and what they consider beautiful. What marketeers wouldn't pay to figure out what people like. I suppose "taste" comes into play when considerations of quality and price have been taken into account already. But be honest, have you ever decided to buy something based on its "look and feel" regardless of price or quality?

When you think about our modern economy a lot of the "value" of an item is in the intangible aspects of it. The manufacturers and retails who get this will have an edge.


No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...