The Gods Must Be Crazy


Went to the Blockbuster to see if i could rent The Gods Must Be Crazy. I'm going to Botswana at the end of June and this cult favorite movie was filmed in Botswana. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the Blockbuster! They did however have The Gods Must Be Crazy, II. It was hilarious and charming and left me with the warm fuzzies. The story line has the Botswana Bushman from the first film this time looking for his two missing sons. The other line is of a wildlife zoologist and a New York lawyer whose ultra-light plane goes down in bad weather trying to survive. The third line is a local solider slugging it out with a Cuban mercenary. The three story lines eventually merge with amusing consequences.

I recommend the film if you want a light and fun evening of rental movies. I would like to see the original but finding it may be a little difficult. I went to Amazon.com and they only sell it used! Mint condition copies go for over $100! Wow!



No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...