LA Dining: Cafe Du Village

Being an LA based blog I should blog more about dining out. I eat out for dinner once to twice a week and so reviewing restaurants would be simple way to get blog posts and might actually be useful to my readership both regular and accidental!

So I recently ate at Cafe Du Village.

Food:
I had the Lake Michigan Whitefish. Yum! It came with broccoli, carrot, green beans and mashed potatoes. The fish was cooked just right (when eating out the most common mistake is overcooking fish!) and topped with bits of tomato, capers and thin slices of lemon to give it a hint of that flavor without being overwhelming. The salad that came with the dinner was good too!

Service:
I see in the Citysearch reviews there were some complaints about slow service. It was just fine the night I ate there.

Atmosphere:
It is a cute little place on Larchmont. Agree on the beautiful people watching comments in Citysearch as Larchmont is that kind of area. When I went to the bathroom, there is only one, I noticed the patio out back which a couple had to themselves that night. The main dining area was close to full with the sound of conversations bouncing everywhere so it isn't a quiet candle-lighted date type of place but still I'd give it the green-light for a romantic dinner. Probably not great for kids or large parties.

Price:
Entrees are in the $14-18 range. Our party of four (eating three entrees) paid $64 not including tips.

139 1/2 N Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004-3704
Phone: (323) 466-3996

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...