my voting experience today

Since I'm still recovering from surgery, I had to have help getting to the polling place. My parents were kind enough to drive me to it. I was walking to the location when I saw something really strange. I saw a car with Bush-Cheney bumper stickers on it! More than one sticker I might add. Remember, this is LA!

Anyway, I had to take a peek at the driver and to my delight she was a hot-looking twenty-something lady. Our eyes met and I gave her a smile and a friendly wave and she had a big smile too.

I got to the address listed on my voter booklet and found... the polling place was shuttered. There was a sign that said, polling place moved to such and such a location.

I got back into the car and we went to the new location about 6 blocks away. I went in and it was busy but not too crowded as it was mid-day. I got my ballot and waited for my chance at an available inka-vote gadget. No more chads to poke. Now you poke with a black felt pen to make dots on the ballot. As you might guess the mascot for the public service annoucements was a dalmation.

As I marked my ballot, I heard several voters say, how does this work?

Anyway, they were helped quickly and easily.

There was one guy who had to fill out forms for provisional ballot.

We shall see what happens today.

If the polling data over the weekend is correct, it shows that the late trend is going Kerry but the question is whether it is a big enough shift to erase the slim lead Bush seemed to have held entering the weekend.

A scenario pundits are tossing out there is that the polling this year is going to be off for various technical reasons as there are too many voters flying under the polling radar.

We shall see what happens today.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...