MISUNDERESTIMATED

That pretty much sums up the re-election of George W. Bush. The polling going into the weekend looked bad, the exit-polls on election day looked bad and guess what, Bush won.

I suppose a lot of the early voting was for Bush and the exits and weekend polling didn't pick that up.

I suppose maybe Bush voters are less willing to talk to exit-pollsters or pollsters in general.

I suppose the GOP really did improve their "ground game" and got turnout in key battleground states.

I suppose the Kerry team played it too cautious counting on flipping either Florida or Ohio and thus leaving themselves with zero options if they didn't.

Anyway, glad the fears of multi-recounts and legal battles didn't turn up and we got a clear result.

UPDATE: Bush 286 Kerry 252. In the end, the Blue State-Red State distribution was almost like 2000. Only switches were New Hampshire which went to Kerry this time and Iowa and New Mexico which switched to Bush.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...