Neighborhood Watch Walk

This evening I joined about a dozen or so residents and about eight LAPD officers for a neighborhood watch walk. We passed out flyers with contact numbers, advice to prevent crime and a Yahoo! Groups address to inform people of community events and criminal activity in the area.

I looked over the site and found out that one recent tactic has teams of criminals knocking on doors asking for help to look for a cat and while the person is distracted the other criminal steals jewelry and other small valuable items.

We need to all watch out for each other and keep informed.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...