Life: Easter and the death of death

With the my recent reflections on Easter, one of the things I think about is the death of death.

Indeed, people who trust in Jesus still die. But with Jesus Christ's resurrection, that is the not end.

Over the years, I have watched various people I know face death with faith in Jesus. Some died quickly and unexpectedly. Some died slowly.

It may be morbid to think about, but I hope when my time comes I will be able to go through that inevitable part of life with the same faith and grace I have seen.

I'm generally reluctant to post personal items on the blog or to mention other people.

However, on this occasion, post-Easter, I felt like sharing about an email I got from a friend who is keeping friends and family from all over posted.

At times it is difficult to read these emails. But there is encouragement from this believer in Jesus who is living to the fullest while dying. To respect privacy, I'm editing the latest email down so confidentiality is maintained. Obvious, people who know this person would probably be able to figure it out from this blog post but otherwise I think anonymity should be maintained.
I am overwhelmed by your thoughtfulness, friendship and love. You are sustaining me through this phase of my life and I deeply appreciate your fellowship. Each day is a different day; some better than others. Overall, I am finding myself spending more time in bed and running out of breath more easily. I have oxygen and have been using that more frequently when my cough acts up.

Right now, I still don't look or act like a hospice patient in that I'm pretty mobile and independent.

Since I'm still pretty functional, pray that I will make good use of my waking hours and not waste them just waiting to die.

Pray for those I know that haven't trusted in Jesus yet that they may come to know the Lord and that I would be diligent to intercede for them as well.

With gratitude for your love and concern ...
If you would, please pray for this friend. Thank you.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...