News: Horrible day in Blacksburg, Virginia

When I was writing in my blog this morning, I hadn't turned on the radio. At that time, I would have heard a little bit of news of a shooting incident in a dorm at Virigina Tech.

As I drove to work, I did hear just a short news item on it. It was a crime story and unfortunately, all too common, but nothing more than that for news editors deciding what to put on the air.

As the workday unfolded, the news came out that a second shooting had occurred and it was something of terrible proportions.

As of this afternoon, reports are that 32 were murdered and 29 hospitalized. The gunman was reported to have committed suicide. Law enforcement officials are investigating but for the moment it appears the two shootings are related but that could change as more facts are ascertained.

What is there to say after the horror of such a violent act?

How can one express the outrage and sadness at the total senselessness of what happened this morning?

Lord, don't know how to pray right now. Am just so angry that someone would hold so little regard for life to do something this awful. Can only ask that you will bring comfort to the family and friends of those who were lost today. Help strengthen the arms of good hearted people in the Blacksburg community to hold up those who are now hurting beyond comprehension. Lord, have mercy. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...