Non-profit of the month: November, 2007 - Camp CAMP

It is already December!

Its been a hectic month and I missed my monthly posting on non-profit of the month where I highlight good causes big and small that I come across that I will support either with a one-time gift or regularly.

For this post, it is long overdue that I mention Children's Association for Maximum Potential.

When you hear from family and friends that they are expecting, it is great news! And most of the time, the child arrives in the usual way without any difficulties.

But the reality of life is that some kids come into the world with special needs.

And thanks be to God that there are parents who have that extra measure of love to care for them and for groups like Camp CAMP to help those kids and those parents.

Check out their story here and see if you want to support them. I'm sure in your local area there are organizations just like them so be sure to check them out too. I don't live in Texas but I have a friend who does who has had a long association with this worthy effort.

UPDATE: Wow, some people actually do read this blog! I got this kind email note from one of the staffers at CAMP:
Hi Rene- I just wanted to thank you for your kind words and glowing endorsement of CAMP! I did want to let you know that we gladly accept individuals with special needs from all over the world, not just from Texas. I truly appreciate your support of our organization and hope you'll come out for a tour the next time you're in the area. Thank again. Happy Holidays and Best Wishes.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...