The influence of women on men


Among guys, we are always lamenting how girls get whatever they want from us. The cliche is, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

I suppose women probably make the same lament. I wonder what is the analogous cliche?

I got this email message recently from a USC alum woman friend of mine referring to my prior blog entries:
Wow rene...did you say fight on??? unbelievable! Thanks for the note - hope you had a nice holiday season!

take care -
There are several USC alumni women friends in my life and we get some milage out of kidding each other over the UCLA-USC rivelry. I have to confess though: if it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't be making as many positive comments about their football team.

I think about this somewhat trivial example of the female influence on the male heart because this morning I was reading about the life of King Solomon and I got to the part where it said his heart was turned away from God because of his love for foreign women.

Please know I'm NOT comparing my modest and reasonable respect for a rival football team with religious apostasy!! But I just think it was rather amusing to see how powerfully women can influence me.

The Good Old Book has us pegged doesn't it?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...