Mars Mania Continues


Periodically, I check over at Robby's blog to get the latest insights into the Mars Rover. He has a wonderful post on how the Rovers are being followed eagerly by people all over and what it feels like to have been one of the hands that were part of getting it ready to go.

For all our technology, video games, movie FXs and stereo equipment, there is still something mysterious and romantic about the sky above us. I saw it in the massive crowds at the Griffith Observatory Annex when they hosted Mars viewing parties during the close approach last year. We are seeing it yet again with the Rovers with the amazing number of hits the NASA-JPL web pages are getting and the steady diet of items in all forms of traditional news media.

Be glad I only break out into song in the blog space but I can't help but think of "Over the Rainbow."
Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up when the clouds are far
behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly across the rainbow
Why oh why can't I?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...