Townhall.com Meet-Up


The internet is becoming embedded into our daily lives. People organize parties using Evite.com and now for political and other affinity group activities there is something called, Meetup. I can't stand Howard Dean but he is ahead of the curve using Meetup to organize his supporters.

Tonight, I went to the second LA-Hollywood area meet-up for Townhall.com.

People have this picture of what Bush supporters look like: old rich white males.

I'm proud to say our group totally shatters that stereotype. There were four of us: three female and one male. Interestingly, three of four work in that liberal stronghold, the entertainment industry. Two voted for Gore in 2000. One was a life long New England Democrat turned Republican. Another was a self-professed Democrat for Bush. Another was a female Gen-X music lover whose politics are center-left but realizes Bush offers the right kind of leadership for this time in history. And then there is me, ethnic minority and trained in liberal universities but center-right.

As a group, we don't agree on everything but we all agree we want to do something to help Bush get re-elected in 2004.

I have to remember to bring the digital camera next time so I can get photographic proof that Bush supporters exist even in Los Angeles.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...