New Hampshire Primary


Caught part of the debate on radio and caught the last handful of minutes of the Dean's interview with Diane Sawyer. I'd hesistate to predict the outcome until the polling data from the weekend comes in. Key things to look for:
(1) Will Kerry max out and the voters who had buyer's remorse about Dean start having buyer's remorse for Kerry?
(2) How will the interview with Sawyer play out in terms of stopping the fall in the polls for Dean?
(3) Who will be the third alternative, Clark or Edwards?

From the little I heard of the debate, Kerry did what he had to do: no boo-boos and just stay confident. Dean had to play defense and with the cold didn't sound too strong. In watching the interview, Lady Dean, who is also a doctor, is clearly an asset and I suspect she will be seen more on the campaign trail. Clark had a question about Michael Moore's support and I don't know what he was trying to say. For me, Michael Moore's support is a good reason not to support that candidate. Edwards was kind of the odd man out: all the buzz was about Kerry's surge and Dean's meltdown and lost in the shuffle was Edwards who finished #2 in Iowa.

As you can see all the comments above are largely cosmetic ones. On policy, probably the only one I could support is Lieberman who isn't doing very well.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...