Jerusalem by William Blake


A search yields many pages so here is just one.
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.
I heard it before I ever read it. It appeared in the film "Chariots of Fire" and today, it was sung at the Reagan Memorial at the National Cathedral.

I'm inspired by these words.

Each of us has something we can do to make this world a better place. Each of us can help advance the Kingdom of God.

Reagan did his work on a large and public stage. God will welcomed him home with the words, "Well done good and faithful servant."

In our own little corners of this planet, let's give our best too.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...