@ the movies: Shrek 2


Saw the film a few days back. In brief, 3 stars out of 4 and a thumbs up.

Sequels are tough and they did a wonderful job with a nice story, humor, fun music and great computer animation work.

However, I have to say, I felt the first film had more charm.

This go around they larded it up with a lot of pop culture references. I got some of them but it was pretty clear I am not as in tune with things as the rest of the audience. That kind of wink-wink in-the-know humor works up to a point but is lost on people who aren't as culturally in tune.

Also, having seen the first film, I could guess how this film would turn out.

Nonetheless, go out and see if you want a feel good romantic movie.

Myers, Murphy and Bandaras are pretty funny.

Not as much time for Cameron Diaz and she was definitely a highlight in the first film.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...