LA County Seal controversy


The ACLU threatened to sue LA County because of a small Cross on the county seal. The County as of now plans to remove it.

Dennis Prager is calling for people to call the Supervisors. Volokh is on the story, here and here.

This is just unbelievable. If you look at the seal, the biggest item is the goddess Pomona. So anybody want to sue the county for promoting paganism?

Just leave the seal alone, it is fine the way it is!!!

UPDATE: I faxed my support for the seal and encouraged the supervisors to resist the ACLU. My supervisor is Yvonne Brathwaite Burke (2nd District)
Office number 213-974-2222
Fax number 213-680-3283

Here is text of what I sent:

Dear Supervisor Burke:

I'd like to register my support for the current county seal and encourage you and the rest of the board to resist the ACLU's attempt to selectively erase a part of our city's history. Please do not allow this kind of pressure from the ACLU to succeed. It is a highly selective attempt on their part to suppress a part of our county and nation's heritage. Thanks for your consideration.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...