LA Film Festival

It is that time of year again for the LA Film Festival. I suppose if I was in "the industry" I'd be all over it. I'll have to look over the schedule and see if anything strikes me and falls at a time I can go see it. As a molecular biologist, I only have a passing awareness of it. I've gone to one film once since I've learned about the festival a few years back.

I sent the link to my friend in "the industry" in Hong Kong who is on top of Asian films in particular. Here are his comments:
For the LA Fest, a lot are American independents which I'm not familiar with. I notice "Pyaasa" is playing which is the classic of Indian cinema. "Hero" from China is beautifully made, but most people here can't buy its political standpoint. The Korean films are always interesting and feel fresh though they may not always be that well made. But I always enjoy the experience of seeing them. "Untold Scandal" is a re-make of the "Dangerous Liaison" story set in ancient Korea. I was in Italy in late April attending a film festival there and saw some good Korean films. But none of them appeared in LA. Pity.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...