Life: End of the year donations

I do drop some coins into the Salvation Army kettle at the stores now and then.

I've also selected four groups to make various sized end of the year donations.

On the top of the list in importance and in dollars has to be any relief agency doing work in Pakistan. The area was hit with a devestating earthquake and winter is arriving. They need help.

Find a relief agency doing work there that you trust and give to it. I gave to World Vision.

I benefitted from my undergraduate education and even though it is a public institution, more and more of the load is carried by donations from alumni. So I gave to my alma mater, the University of California at Los Angeles.

Continuing the education theme, I've given some money to the Los Angeles Philharmonic to support their music education efforts.

Lastly, I gave a contribution to Focus on the Family. They provide resources to strengthen the family.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...