Sports: Unambiguous BCS

Well, the BCS planners are happy.

Any objective sports fan has to admit that USC and Texas are the top 2 teams this year.

I wonder how many players on USC and Texas will go to the NFL?

How many players on UCLA and Colorado will go to the NFL?

The two games last Saturday was as if an NFL team played a college team with the inevitable results.

As a UCLA fan, I have to take my hat off to USC. Angst is for the close games when you say coulda, woulda, shoulda. When you get beat outright you really can't be too upset.

I suppose my feeling is more disappointment and frustration. There are a finite supply of football talent and they will go to the programs that can win and help them launch into the NFL. UCLA is thus left looking for the players that the USC and Texas and Florida programs didn't pick. Dorrell can only offer, at UCLA you can start while at USC you may have to wait a year or two for a starting job. Dorrell might be able to say, USC snubbed you, you want to be on the team that will finally knock them off the top of the heap?

The stat they showed on the TV coverage that leaped out at me was this one:
USC average offensive lineman: 315 pounds.
UCLA average defensive lineman: 265 pounds.

Big and fast beats small and fast.

And there you go, USC's line will probably all be in the NFL and UCLA's line will probably go onto graduate school and jobs their BAs will help them earn.

I don't know who will win in the USC vs. Texas match up. The instant analysis I'm hearing from other sports fans is this: USC offense > Texas offense and Texas defense > USC defense. Should be a good game.

I wonder what the Las Vegas line is?

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...