Travel: Weekend in Lost Wages (Las Vegas Marathon)!

This past weekend, I went to Las Vegas!

Or as the flight attendant on Southwest called it: Lost Wages!

I was planning to do the Las Vegas Marathon and had reached 17 miles in my training when I had a medical issue. But since the hotel had been booked, the reg fees paid and the plane fare paid, I figured a weekend getaway would be nice.



I stayed at the Excalibur.



Las Vegas was very crowded that weekend because of the marathon but mostly because of the National Finals Rodeo. Numerous fans were about town. In my hotel, there were televisions dedicated to the NFR coverage.

The marathon was Sunday morning. One feature of the race was the "Run Through Chapel" at mile 5. In the news coverage, they said 20 couples renewed their vows and 3 took their vows for the first time. The "tag line" was they have what it takes to go the distance in the marathon and in life! Congrats to all the couples!

UPDATE: A blogger-marathoner reports on her 20th anniversary renewal at mile 5! Congrats Shirley!



One of my friends is a steady speedy runner. She has BQ'd (Boston Marathon Qualified!) a few times and so was invited to be one of the official Elvis runners. She shared about the various press events and marketing photo shoots they did on pre-marathon day Saturday and then during the marathon day itself. And so here they are as a team blazing down the straight away just before the left turn to the finish line!



Cheers! Here are four marathon runners from the Los Angeles Roadrunners and Los Angeles Running Club celebrating with a delicious buffet at the Mandalay Bay. Congrats on completing yet another marathon!



And no photo report on Las Vegas would be complete without a photo of the famed dancing waters of the Bellagio! Mouse around their web page and you find out there are 30 songs they have choreographed the dancing waters to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also availed services of Southwest Airlines through coupons for my hotel and ski package and saved money. Its great.

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...