Culture: 24 - 9:00 am to 10:00 am

Oh my, they killed off Curtis. I had a bad feeling about that situation. They kept hinting there was a personal connection to Assad.

As for the suitcase nuke ...

I guess the reality check is that a device like that would be hard to maintain in good working condition. Laptops have to make all the components of a desktop computer fit into a small package. Imagine all the gadgetry that makes a nuclear device and having to make it small enough to fit in a suitcase. One would figure one or two faulty parts and the thing wouldn't work.

Given that the terrorists had to jury rig one of the parts to arm one of the suitcases, one wonders how they are able to jury rig four more!

Nonetheless, the fear of a small nuclear device is an ongoing story line I'm sure in real life counter terrorist operations. It would probably be hard to build one from scratch but buying one... one wonders if that might happen?

Tom Clancy explored the nuke scenario in Sum of All Fears.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...