Technology: DVD-R and DVD+R are not the same!

Learn something new everyday: not all DVD media are the same.

I bought 50 DVD+R blank media. I didn't give it a second thought as it was on sale.

I took them home and tried to backup some data onto a DVD from my Apple laptop and the computer wouldn't and spat the blank DVD back out.

A little hunting around on the Mac Help gave me this revelation about my computer: it only can work with CD-R and DVD-R type disks.

Fortunately, the Staples where I bought the disk didn't mind me bringing back an open package for store credit so I could buy some DVD-R. Alas, the pack of 25 DVD-R media cost a little more than the 50 I returned.

Oh, well.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...