Recipe: Carrot-Ginger Soup

One of my friends and one of my co-workers like it.

So here is what I put into my soup pot in my attempt to make this soup just in time for this cool weather we are having in Los Angeles ...

A few vigorous splashes of olive oil.
Saute ...
4 carrots, chopped
1/2 brown onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 oz. ginger, chopped
a pinch of salt and a few dashs of black pepper

After onion and celery stalks go translucent, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.

Add 1T honey and lower heating to a simmer.

Simmer until carrots are tender.

Let the mix cool a bit before adding into blender to puree.

Transfer back to the soup pot and heat up to desired temperature and add 1/2 pint heavy cream and serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...