Devotional Thoughts: How do you pray when ...

Get the occasional email from friends who share a concern. Sometimes it is a health concern. Sometimes it is a work related matter. Could be any number of things.

But how do you pray when the request is: I'm talking with someone who is about to make decision XYZ and I think they are making a mistake?

Thus, there are two people to pray for: the person making the request and the person that is the subject of concern.

In this case, the decision XYZ is something that has huge consequences to that person and to everyone who knows this person. It is not something illegal but I think something immoral. How do you pray?

I think of James 1:16-18. Turning it into a prayer:

Father, please give wisdom to my friend who is trying to reach out to this troubled soul. I think this friend of a friend is being deceived. Help him to see that every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who gives good gifts. He gives wisdom through the word of truth that we might bear fruit and have hope, faith and love. This friend is deeply troubled and is not seeing the tremendous healing that is available in You. He is choosing bad fruit that will not truly heal what troubles him. Please work a miracle in this situation. Amen.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...