Politics: Debate impressions

Disclaimer: My politics views are center-right. So that is where I'm coming from but I do try to be fair minded. So in the words similar to Fox News, I blog you decide! 8-)

Obama clearly has got the big Mo. Unless he blunders on the campaign trail or some scandal breaks out, I just don't see the Clinton forces able to resist this tidal wave.

Meanwhile on the Republican side, the divisions within the party has things murky.

Saw parts of the two Republican debates and a little bit of the Democratic debate. Since I'll be voting in the GOP primary I paid more attention to those debates.

So my only comment about the little bit I saw on the Democratic debate is to quote what K-Lo said over at NRO:
Saturday, January 05, 2008
From the Audience [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
"Debate drinking game - every time a Democrat says "change" take a drink."
01/05 09:39 PM
If I took her advice while watching the small snippet I saw, I'd have fallen down, passed out and suffered a bad hangover! 8-)

Okay, on the GOP side, I think Romney did pretty well as did Thompson. Both came across as sensible though Romney was a bit more polished and energetic. But I like Thompson's calmness too. Mayor Rudy at one point said, I got a 12-point plan and then mentioned 6 of the items. I think he needs to sharpen his message up! McCain has energy but he might have come across as a bit shrill on Saturday night. On Sunday night he was more mellow. I suspect his advisors asked him to tone down the attack dog routine. Huckabee might be in over his head but he is onto something with his populist instincts. Some aspects of his message and his constituency must be folded into the eventual GOP nominee if the Republicans are to have a fighting chance in November.

At this moment, you'd have to say we are looking at President Obama. But in politics, things can change very quickly so we shall see!

UPDATE: Well, there you go... New Hampshire shakes up the etch-a-sketch!!!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...