Annoy the French, Support Bush!


When I was in Switzerland, I didn't get the impression there was strong feelings one way or the other about the Bush vs. Kerry election. I suppose that is so Swiss who are the historically neutral country. However, in France, the friends we stayed with said that the French really like Kerry and can't stand Bush.

Our hosts asked me to try to get some electioneering stuff from the USA (stickers and buttons) to send to them to share with their local friends as they would probably get a kick out of it.

The French people I met in various contexts were nice people and I never felt they were hostile. I don't know if having an Asian face helps but once I spoke English, they would probably know I'm from the USA.

I suspect in either country, if I started spouting libertarian political views, I would have gotten into some heated discussions!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...