Dodgers 5 Giants 4


WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the box score and the recap!

Went to my first Dodger game of this season and I didn't "see" the Dodgers win but they didn't lose either when I left in the bottom of the 10th inning. Since it was a Friday night game I was at the end of my energy levels. Additionally, on Saturday, I am planning to go to the LA Times-UCLA Festival of Books; thus, it was time to go.

As I drove home, I heard the winning run driven in by Milton Bradley in the bottom of the 12th.

The Dodgers were down 4-1 after three innings. Last year that would probably be the end of it as the offense was so pathetic. However, this year, they are showing some life offensively and a comeback was hoped for and believed to even be probable. Indeed, the Dodgers got a run in the bottom of the 4th and then tied it up in the bottom of the 5th with a two-run homer by Shawn Green.

It was a game of high drama with playoff-like intensity.

How often do you see a 1-2-3 double play? We got that in the top of the eighth when Mota got into trouble and Martin took over only to hit a batter. But he induced a dribbler which he pounced on triggering the inning ending and tie preserving 1-2-3 double play.

How often will we see Gagne pitch two innings and get neither a save nor a win?

He came in keep things under control in the top of the 9th and 10th.

Dreifort took care of things in the top of the 11th and 12th.

Go Dodgers!

Comments