Dodgers 5 Giants 4


WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the box score and the recap!

Went to my first Dodger game of this season and I didn't "see" the Dodgers win but they didn't lose either when I left in the bottom of the 10th inning. Since it was a Friday night game I was at the end of my energy levels. Additionally, on Saturday, I am planning to go to the LA Times-UCLA Festival of Books; thus, it was time to go.

As I drove home, I heard the winning run driven in by Milton Bradley in the bottom of the 12th.

The Dodgers were down 4-1 after three innings. Last year that would probably be the end of it as the offense was so pathetic. However, this year, they are showing some life offensively and a comeback was hoped for and believed to even be probable. Indeed, the Dodgers got a run in the bottom of the 4th and then tied it up in the bottom of the 5th with a two-run homer by Shawn Green.

It was a game of high drama with playoff-like intensity.

How often do you see a 1-2-3 double play? We got that in the top of the eighth when Mota got into trouble and Martin took over only to hit a batter. But he induced a dribbler which he pounced on triggering the inning ending and tie preserving 1-2-3 double play.

How often will we see Gagne pitch two innings and get neither a save nor a win?

He came in keep things under control in the top of the 9th and 10th.

Dreifort took care of things in the top of the 11th and 12th.

Go Dodgers!

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...