Bush Press Conference


I don't know how it looked on television. I heard it on radio. As is often the case, I suspect no minds were changed. Bush could become a silver tongued orator and those who oppose his views will not be convinced. Likewise those who support his position will focus on his conviction and single-mindedness even if they are disappointed he isn't as articulate as we would all like.

Bush doesn't have the polish and command of facts that Clinton had nor does he have the stage presence and comforting voice of Reagan. However, as I see it, he exudes resolve. For those who agree with him there is a comfort in that clarity of resolve.

UPDATE: Instant reaction from Instapundit:
How will it play? I don't know how many people watched it, but I think it will reassure a lot of people who haven't paid a lot of attention. He was pretty good, and I wonder why he doesn't do this more often. Ultimately, though, the issue isn't the communication, but the way things work out. It's not the talk, but the results.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...