Iraq situation viewpoint


Randy Barnett over at Volokh Conspiracy makes some observations about what is happening over there and quotes extensively from NRO's Victor Davis Hanson.

His main point is that the Iraqi situation is just one of many fronts in the battle against terrorism and tyranny and though some criticism is justified it is mostly patience and perspective that is missing.

In my posts prior and during the Iraqi war, I've been supportive of US and UK actions. I remain convinced the Iraqis are better off without Hussein than with him. We nonetheless need to do a better job of helping them get on their feet and running their own country again.

We got to shore up the security situation and get more of their infrastructure fixed and that is going to cost billions of dollars. That kind of investment post WW2 in Germany and Japan was definitely worth it for the long term stability and security of America and the world. The same is true here.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...