Swimming Pool: Reloaded


Was talking with a friend the other day who recently saw Swimming Pool. We gave our take on the ending of the film. I think the director would be very happy that we came to completely different conclusions! Drag your mouse over the black box in order to see spoilers from the movie and the alternative interpretation of the ending. If anybody out there within a click of a mouse from this site, send in your interpretations!




My interpretation (see post of September 14 below) was that the author imagined the whole thing in the French village. My friend thought the publisher has TWO daughters and the look of suprise on the author's face back in London is her shock at seeing yet another blonde teenage daughter named Juli. This interpretation makes the publisher a pretty icky guy having kids left and right and naming them both Juli. Hmmm...

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...