Recipe: This blogger can cook?

Its Mother's Day and I'm helping out with the cooking at my parent's place tonight.

The theme for my two dishes I'm doing is almonds. Love almonds!

Broccoli with almonds
Chop up broccoli to be cooked by steaming (I had about 1 1/2 pounds)

Prepare sauce for broccoli:
chop up finely 3 green onions
sprinkle a bit of salt on chopped onions
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
sautee these items with olive oil
add 3T mustard to the mix and toss with the steamed broccoli

Fillet of flounder with almonds
Prepare almonds for the fish:
in skillet coated with olive oil add
1/2 cup sliced almonds and brown them lightly
pour in 1/4 cup of fruit juice
2T capers
use 1T of the vinegar from the capers
mix and drizzle over the fish

Prepare the fish:
2 pound flounder fillets
coat fillets with olive oil
sprinkle flour to lightly cover fillets
season with salt and pepper or use your favorite seasoned salt
bake 375 for 10 minutes
drizzle the almond sauce mix over the fish
bake 375 for an additional 10 minutes (ovens vary a lot so keep an eye on it - probably could have stopped at 5 minutes!)

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...