Youth: Lee Eshleman Aug. 28, 1963 - May 17, 2007

I saw the comedy team of Ted and Lee, at the Youth Specialties Conference in Anaheim last year.

Their humorous and thoughtful skit showed how drama can communicate spiritual truth. I saw them at their booth and went to say hello and thanks for their work and engaged in some small talk. I wound up talking to Lee Eshleman for several minutes and found him to be a gentle and somewhat shy soul which I'm told is not uncommon for people who perform on stage.

It was with great sadness that I read over at YSMarko that he took his own life after a life long struggle with depression.
Ted & Lee first performed at a ys convention in the mid-1990s, and have been part of our extended family ever since. I don’t use the word “family” lightly here: they’ve been part of who we are, and we part of who they are, for over ten years. we’ve laughed and cried together, shared questions and doubts and encouragement and spiritual journeys.
May God's peace and blessing be upon his wife, Reagan, and their children, Nicolas, Sarah and Gabe and all the friends who now grieve the loss of Lee Eshelman.

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...