Travel: States in the USA I've visited

Another one of my travel goals is to visit every state in the USA!

I have NOT yet been to ...
ALABAMA
ARKANSAS
CONNECTICUT
FLORIDA
GEORGIA
IDAHO - I've driven through it without stopping so that really doesn't qualify as a visit!
INDIANA - I drove through it twice without stopping once going from Cleveland to Chicago and the other time going from St. Louis to Dayton.
IOWA
KENTUCKY
LOUISIANA
MAINE
MISSISSIPPI
NEBRASKA
NEW HAMPSHIRE
NEW JERSEY
NEW MEXICO
NORTH CAROLINA
NORTH DAKOTA
OKLAHOMA
RHODE ISLAND
SOUTH CAROLINA
TENNESSEE - I've changed planes in Memphis so I don't feel that qualifies as a true visit!
VERMONT

If you are from any of the above states, travel advice welcomed!

I have visited ...
ALASKA - Kenai Fjords and Denali NP are amazing!
ARIZONA - Grand Canyon NP and Monument Valley... wow!
CALIFORNIA - my home state and so much of it I still haven't seen
COLORADO - I was woozy up at Pikes Peak
DELAWARE - Went to a church retreat there and saw snow falling on the beach!
HAWAII - was there a long time ago but I remember the rainbows and the colorful fish of Hanauma Bay
ILLINOIS - will have to visit Chicago again as a I was only there for 1/2 a day
KANSAS - been there four times!
MARYLAND - lived there for 4 years!
MASSACHUSETTS - visited JFK library and saw a game at Fenway!
MICHIGAN - visited friend in Ann Arbor eons ago
MINNESOTA - Been to Minneapolis and saw the Mary Tyler Moore statue!
MISSOURI - saw the Truman library May 2007 and stopped in St. Louis and saw the Gateway Arch in 1993
MONTANA - Glacier NP is awesome!
NEVADA - Just Las Vegas!
NEW YORK - New York city is something!
OHIO - been to Cleveland!
OREGON - did an overnight stay while driving through so this barely qualifies
PENNSYLVANIA - been to Phily and Gettysburg
SOUTH DAKOTA - The town of Wall and the Badlands NP are must sees!
TEXAS - been to San Antonio, the Alamo is the soul of Texas, it is also smaller than you would thing for such a larger than life story
UTAH - Zion, Bryce and Arches NP are just otherworldly!
VIRGINIA - I lived in the DC metro area for a few years so I saw bits of NoVa
WASHINGTON - Seattle is a neat city!
WEST VIRGINIA - had a church retreat out there
WISCONSIN - visited Madison and drove through green dairy country
WYOMING - Yellowstone and Grand Teton NP are part of the reason why people from all over the world visit America

No comments:

Aging Parents - Random things from this season of life, part I

A handful of years ago, I entered the phase of life of helping out in looking after aging parents.  At this moment in 2024, my dad passed on...